.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

peter_c_harris

Middle Ages [it's all mine now?]

I was bought up in a small township in Eltham (Leslie Townsend Hope's also) in South London, now live in The-Garden-of-Kent aerial during the fifties Elvis was beginning to make a noise and ....in contempt of court
atom

Sunday, June 06, 2004



Category: Gadgets

Ten years ago in 1994, I wrote to Sir Arthur C Clarke about a device to store phone numbers in, and this was sort of newish then but the thing that struck me it had an acoustic coupling so when you had selected a number it relayed it via a speaker acoustically a certain series of beeps! even..Well Clarke replied .."Yes, that was the device I had in mind. The first small step to "Beam me up, Scotty..." 17th Sept 1994..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home