.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

peter_c_harris

Middle Ages [it's all mine now?]

I was bought up in a small township in Eltham (Leslie Townsend Hope's also) in South London, now live in The-Garden-of-Kent aerial during the fifties Elvis was beginning to make a noise and ....in contempt of court
atom

Saturday, February 28, 2004

Is There a Culture War
Most of us are keen to preserve our environmental heritage and our cultural heritage but our intellectual heritage has been held in low esteem for much of the period since the Second World War by an adversarial elite which has dominated the intellectual life of the country. George Orwell, writing in the 1940s summed it up when he said that "almost any English intellectual would feel more ashamed of standing to attention during 'God Save the King' than of stealing from a poor box". By the 1960s and 1970s many such intellectuals had gained considerable influence in television and other media.

civitas
While Jeremy is a roaring boy in a sports car type vehicle says AFTER Princess Diana died, I recorded the funeral as a keepsake for my children, an indelible reminder of this incredible day.
Then last week, I used the tape to record Men In Black II.
In the big scheme of things, I figured Will Smith’s battle with alien life forms was probably more important for my kids than Elton warbling his way through England’s Rose.
And besides, since Diana, there have been countless other people I’ve vowed “never to forget”. None of whose names I can remember right now.

Get there

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home